'Desolate' takes place in the distant future. A time when long distance space travel is possible and frequent...
You must escape the derelict space craft.
On the way you will have to overcome various challenges and obstacles throughout over 70 rooms.
Your struggle for survival is escalated by your need to figure out two things:
What happened to the ship, and who 'you' are...
Desolate is a top-down perspective adventure game with arcade and puzzle elements served in a hybrid TI83-Game Boy monochrome green palette.
Or in short, a spaceship crawler.
This is an official port of the original game made in 2004 by Patrick 'tr1p1ea' Prendergast for the TI-83 & TI-83+(SE) calculators.
Specific action-keys per key set:
|Key-set 1||Key set 2|
|Walk||up, down, |
|Redefine action keys||F2|
|Switch between Fullscreen |
& Windowed mode
|Restore (load) game||F7|
|Close popup screens||ESC|
|Show room number||CTRL-R|
|Show game version||CTRL-V|
||Windows & Linux
||4 colors (hybrid Game Boy monochrome green palette)
Extra features compared to the original game and the ZX Spectrum remake:
|re-definable keys (2 sets)|
|music and sound effects |
|improved behaviour of enemies|
|new sprites and animations for enemies|
- music was still audible when set to 0.
- pressing ESC during splash logo crashed the game
- character movement is again set faster
- removed testing message "doorcode vis so do nothing when pressed Return" which was shown when trying to open a door without using a code.
- character movement is now slightly faster
- when binding the letter 'y' in the redefine-keys-screen, the letter 'y' could not be used anymore for confirmations on questions like "are you sure you want to quit"